Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To my friends who are waiting...

This post is for those of you who are still waiting. Waiting on your blessings from Korea, your blessings from the womb, your health to improve and your faith to be restored. For those of you who are waiting for your weakness to be made strong in God. I think of you all the time. I pray for you. I hope for you - and anxiously await the arrival of "good news" whatever form it may take.

Today, as I was patting Levi to sleep, I discovered 10 mintues. After I let him cry for a few minutes, I go up, lay him down and then pat him. He is usually asleep in under 5 minutes. Almost always under 10. I've decided to use that quiet time to read a devotional & my bible, to refocus my day. It's the 10 minutes I've always wished I'd taken, but never have actually disciplined myself to do it.

Today, I was reading from Psalm 30:5 "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Waiting for Levi was so hard in some ways, and so good in others. We prayed for him, dreamed about what he'd look like, how he'd act, how he'd respond to us... My devotional today reminded me that everything grows in value as we wait. Christmas, sporting events, vacations...we dream about them, plan for them, and anticipate them. Can you imagine waking up and hearing "Christmas in 10 minutes!" ? Our enjoyment of the holiday is not just in the event itself, but in the anticipation. Isn't it so true? Looking back, I feel very much this way about all of my kids - birth and adopted. Waiting is hard, but it develops the longing that gets us through those tough first few weeks, this tantrums, and the hard days. Even with all the hard things - in all 3 cases, it was more than worth the wait! :)

I pray for you today, as you wait with anticipation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was lovely...