Monday, March 9, 2009

Am I becoming a latent poster?











I know, I know. I am one of those bloggers. You know, the kind that are gung-ho when the start and quickly peter off until they post that they've had a baby (that you didn't even know they were pregnant with), they're pregnant (and somehow you didn't even know they'd gotten married) or that they are moving. We are, thankfully, none of these things. So I think I am safe for now.

However, I do owe a letter to Levi. I know that. I've been composing it in my mind for quite some time now. I spend time at night thinking about it too. It's my next post - I promise.

For now, we are doing fine. And I do mean to use that word. "Fine." It's so non-descriptive. But, in some ways, it describes where we are at. We've hit that stage where Levi is no longer a "novelty" but part of our family. Most days that bring me tremendous comfort. Other days, I feel antsy for more. I did go back to work last week, and I'm very glad. I'm blessed to be able to work part-time, from home, doing my dream job. I direct and lead our family ministry at church. It's fulfilling, life-giving and at the end of the day, I feel my work really matters. It fills my soul.

Onto baby. I *totally* forgot how selfish I am and how much a baby brings that to the light. I am not ashamed to tell you that I have had more than one "woe-is-me" or "pity" parties since Levi has come home. I start thinking that somehow I work harder than everyone else in my family. Scratch that...harder than anyone I know. Scratch that...harder than anyone in the world. You get my drift. Luckily, by number three, they are not feeling that a long walk, reading, a nap, or (at last resort) chocolate will not fix. But the feelings are still there, as strong as ever. Some things just don't change. Fortunately for me, I'm managing it better day by day.

Levi is doing awesome. We're still having some sleeping issues...teething, nap schedules, colds... All in all, we are counting our blessings. I think he felt celebrated by his homecoming party. Mostly, I think he liked the cake! We have the best friends in the universe who loved Levi the moment we showed them his photo. In lieu of gifts, we asked people to bring something to send to Korea (list provided by Love the Children, our agency). I was thrilled to ship 32 lbs of diapers, clothing and other baby supplies to JFK to send on over to Korea. Thank you dear friends! I'll leave you with those photos. Oh, and I promise to post before we decide to move. :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I always enjoy reading your posts, Angie. I appreciate your honesty about your feelings. I'm sure every mother feels the way you do...but not everyone will say it! After 40 years of having all the free time in the world, I know I will be in complete shock when I become a mom!!