Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Grateful...

I love everyday miracles. We've seen so many of them in our lives, and yet we don't often recognize them as such. Here is one for the record books...

On Monday, I tracked our package to the USINS to make sure it arrived. (You remember...the paperwork that has ALREADY been returned once!!?) When I saw the status, my heart sank. "Out for re-delivery." WHAT?? I remembered Jean mentioning something about checking the little box that says "no signature required", but somehow it never really made it into my brain. People...it's being delivered to a POST OFFICE box. There is NO ONE standing at the post office boxes ready to sign for packages?? I pretty much figured we'd be getting that darn package back in the mail. The status indicated that it would redeliver the package up to 4 times until it got a signature...and then return it to us if it failed. Let's see..mailed on Sat, delivered on Monday...then the holiday... We should be receiving the package on about Fri or Sat only to turn around and redeliver WITH box checked to arrive on Mon. or Tues. next week We lost a whole week..grr...or so I thought...

I logged on Tues to check and see how many additional delivery attempts were made, I saw this message... "Your item was delivered at 11:28 AM on November 10, 2008 in BOSTON, MA 02114. The item was signed for by E S."

Again...WHAT? I'm am not complaining, but HOW did that happen? I'm still scratching my head. When I spoke to Jean about it last night...she just kept remarking "Angie, it was meant to be..." She told me, in her 20 years of doing this, that has n-e-v-e-r happened. "They always come back," she told me. I'm feeling very, very grateful tonight. Hitting road blocks doesn't mean something isn't meant to be." I can't consent that life is going to be handed to us on a platter...but sometimes, we just get a break. Thank you God for this everyday miracle. And thank you E.S. for your signature.

No comments: