Friday, November 7, 2008

Moving forward...oops, I mean back!

I was SO excited yesterday morning to find in our mail a package from the USINS (United States Immigration and Naturalization Service)! I couldn't believe how fast they were...or so I thought. I opened the package only to find that it was the entire contents that had been mailed to them with a note saying that we owe them an additional fee. Argh! It was disheartening to say the least. I was burdened with the feelings that we may have just cost ourselves some time in bringing Levi home. So I called our social worker, Jean, who once again, reassured us that we are still on track. She encouraged us to get a cashier's check with the additional funds, and express mail the application back to Boston today. She noted that our documents really only took a little over a week to be reviewed (to see that this error was made) and that - she said was "very" good news. She was also excited to tell me that Levi's documents are IN the states, and are ready to be filed as soon as that paperwork processes. So - it appears that we are still on track...in the words of Jean, we are onto step #2. So, I went to bed feeling more relaxed and dreaming of holding our son. We should have more pictures to share next week. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh no! I do agree with Jean though, I think its a good sign that they reviewed your paperwork originally. So did the fees go up again???? Arrgh!

emily said...

i just stumbled across your blog and i wanted to say hello. my family is currently in the process of our first adoption... from korea. we have our final home study visit next week, on thursday! i love your blog, love that others are sharing their incredible experiences in adopting. keep us posted!! oh, and, by the way... he is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! (i had been wondering about that throne, too...)